Workshops and Services
Workshops and Services
Thanks for visiting, but we’ve moved!
To join Shifting Gears in 2021, please visit our NEW page at GreenUP to find up-to-date information and registration details.
We have left some content here as we transition. For new and improved content check out the link above!
Past Workshops and Services for Workplaces that we may be able to take online:
Shifting Gears has offered many workshops and services to workplace in the past. Though we have limited availability this year, we may be able to accommodate your request. Please get in touch with Lindsay to discuss possibilities.
- Cyclist in the City: Learn strategies to be visible, comfortable and safe when cycling on the road. This workshop is for newbies and experienced cyclists alike. (time required = 45 minutes).
- ABC’s of Bicycle Maintenance: Address common bike repair needs and learn the ABC’s of bike maintenance. (time required = 60 minutes).
- Peterborough by Bike Presentation: Get the inside scoop on upcoming bike-friendly projects from the City of Peterborough’s TDM Planner and members of the Peterborough Bicycle Advisory Committee.
We also offer the following free services to employers and workplace coordinators,
- Crafting a Work-from-Home/Telecommute Policy: Boost productivity, increase job satisfaction, and even save on rent! Achieve the many benefits of telecommuting, while ensuring that your employees and their work is supported, by crafting a Telecommute Policy with Shifting Gears.
- Bike-friendly Business Audit: We can help you conduct a bike-friendly business audit! Find ways to make it easier for employees to bike to and for work. Answer all your questions about bike racks, fix-it kits, Bike-to-Work Day, and workplace bike share programs.
- Incentivize your Smart Commute: Learn from the best practices of other employers to find ways of encouraging employees to go car-free, if only once in a while. We can help you find the policies and programs that are a perfect match for your employees.
Community Events and Workshops:
The workshops offered above could be opened up for community participation. We are also happy to discuss your ideas and work to create some online workshops or events together. Please connect with Lindsay if you are interested in a little collaboration!