Visit this page often for new tools and engaging videos to help you shift gears in 2020!
The ways we work, learn, travel, and socialize have been impacted greatly by COVID-19 and our collective efforts to keep our community safe. Some of us have transitioned quickly to working from home, while others are looking for safe commute options. We are spending a lot more time at home, and looking for ways to stay active and connected. These impacts are being experienced by all ages. Below we have begun to collect resources to help through this time. Please be in touch if you have other resources you would like to share.
Working from Home
Tips from the Pros
Setting up your Work Area
Riding the Bus
Riding your Bike(s)!
Learn the Rules of the Road
Learning to Ride
Bike Repair and Maintenance
Local Bike Shops
- B!KE has closed their community workshop space in an effort to do their part to flatten the curve. They are missing their shop community and hope to meet your needs in new ways. B!KE is offering a small selection of tools on loan through a new pilot library program, accepting orders for pumps and chain lube to be delivered to your door, and selling our refurbished bicycles online through Kijiji. They are excited to see so many people eager to ride bikes this spring and we look forward to helping more of Peterborough stay on two wheels after the pandemic has subsided.
- Fontaine Source for Sports is now open with limited customers in store at one time. They are offering curb-side pick-up and by appointment sales and services, if needed. They have found there is high demand! It’s a challenge with less staff, but they are working hard to meet the needs of the community. If you have questions about their hours and services, they welcome a call at 705-742-0511.
- Green Streets physical repair shop is still open. They ask that you bring your bike to the side door and knock for assistance. All business is conducted outside to help maintain social distancing practices.
- Wild Rock is now open Tuesday – Saturday from 10am-5pm. They are also offering online shopping and contact-free bike service. Wild Rock is here to make sure you have everything to keep you riding safely this spring. They are adapting and learning, and hope that if there is a silver lining it is that we create stronger bonds to family, friends and community, albeit in new and evolving ways.
- Spokes and Pedals is happy to help you find the right bike or get your current bike rolling smooth. They are offering sales and repair services, curb-side. You can call in advance or call when you get there (705-745-7343), and someone will meet you outside to help you find what you need.