Shifting Gears Challenge
Welcome to Shifting Gears 2019!
Let’s get moving this spring, Peterborough! This May, start walking, pedaling, busing, carpooling, or teleworking and have a chance to win great Shifting Gears awards and prizes!
You can win prizes when you track your walking, biking, transit, carpooling, or telecommuting trips during the month of May. With support from the Shifting Gears Team, you can make the shift towards active and sustainable transportation. All transportation trips count including trips to work, school, friends, appointments, errands, etc. You name it – it counts!
How to Participate:
- Register for Shifting Gears
- NEW for 2019 – All participants are required to register for the 2019 challenge. Past participant details have been removed from the system so that we can update our contact information and learn more about your goals for 2019.
- Log your trips this May
- Log all your transportation trips daily or weekly to be eligible for great prizes. Remember that each trip counts – from work to home is one trip, and home to work is a second. Check our FAQ‘s for more trip tracking details.
- Learn and share with the Shifting Gears community
- If you are a new participant, sign up for one of our New-to-Shifting workshops to learn how you can make it a smooth shift this spring. You can sign up by filling out the survey that was emailed to you when you registered. If you made the shift long ago, share what you’ve learned with new participants by tagging #shiftinggearsptbo on social!
- Track your progress and win prizes!
- It can be hard to create new habits, but seeing those trips add up week after week, being part of a big community doing the very same thing, and having the chance to win great prizes along the way can really help the transportation shift you are making stick. We look forward to celebrating you and your shift this spring!